Privacy Statement for Linkind Services
1. Introduction and Scope of application
Linkind care about your privacy.
This Statement focuses on information related to the operation of Linkind services. In this Statement, the expression “Linkind Services” or “Services” includes our Mobile Apps, Cloud Services, Linkind smart home Service and Subscription Services as defined in our Terms of Service. The Services are for use in connection with Linkind hardware products (“Linkind Products” or “Products”).
2. Our commitment to you
Linkind take your privacy seriously. Except for provided in this Privacy Statement, Linkind will not disclose your personal information to a third party.
By using or otherwise accessing the Services, you agree to allow Linkind to collect and process information as described in this Statement. If you disagree, please stop using or otherwise accessing the Services.
By using or otherwise accessing the Services, you agree that Linkind may transfer your personal information from the place you reside to places where Linkind’s servers reside. You acknowledge and understand that the privacy protections and legal requirements, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, in some of these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country.
3. Information Linkind receives or collects
The Services collects the following information (collectively “Your Information”)
(1) Information about you and your account. When you create an account, Linkind receives and stores the information about you that you provide. When you use or otherwise access the Services, Linkind receives and stores the information associated with your account. Such information includes, but not limited to email address, password, avatar, account nickname, account creation date and time, account registration country, the date and time of each login.
(2) Information about your own device. When you use or otherwise access the Services through your own device (e.g., a tablet, or a smartphone), Linkind receives and stores information associated with your own device, including but not limited to the IP address, and operation system information.
(3) Information about the Products. When you use the Products, Linkind receives and stores information associated with the Products, including but not limited to product icon, product name, model number, serial number, MAC address, product UUID, device status (e.g., battery charge level, online/offline status, operation indicators), device properties (e.g., functional name, functional code, read/write status, manufacturer identification, product name, network status), software version information, firmware version information, hardware information, and product location.
(4) Information about the configurations, settings, and data you create and edit through the Mobile Apps, including but not limited to the home setup, home sharing, multi-home setup, multi-home management, scene setup, scene configurations, scene properties, room setup, room configurations, room properties, security setup, security configurations, security properties, and IFTTT (“if this then that”) rules.
(5) Information about your account activities, including logs of account logins, device logs, scene use logs, IFTTT logs, security system logs.
(6) Information you submit. When you submit or publish information through the Services, Linkind receives and stores the information you submit or publish and other data associated with the information you submit or publish, including but not limited to the feedback you submit through the Mobile Apps (including pictures and videos), the activities you participate in, the date and time associated with your submission or publication.
(7) Environmental data from the sensors of the Products. Linkind receives and stores environmental data from the sensors of the Products, including but not limited to current temperature, humidity, ambient light, still images captured by the sensors, and motion detection signals (whether something is moving). By recording these data, Linkind is able to detect unusual conditions (such as someone is tempering with your doorbell).
(8) Video and audio signals and data. When you enable the recording or streaming features of the Products, Linkind may record and process video or audio recordings from the Products, subject to your configuration and settings. This may include capturing and sending to you portions of this data as part of a notification or analyzing the data to identify motion or other events. Linkind may process information from the Products so that Linkind can send you alerts when something happens. In addition, if you have the recording features enabled, Linkind will capture, process and retain video and audio data recordings from the Products for a predetermined period (for example, 10 or 30 days) and you will be able to access those recordings using the Services during that time.
Additionally, when you submit comments through the Mobile Apps, Linkind receives and collects the comments (including pictures and videos), and information associated with your Account. When you contact Linkind’s customer services, Linkind collects and records your personal information, such as your name, account nickname, phone number, email address and other contact information.
During processing and collecting Your Information, if Linkind identifies activities against the law, rules by government agencies, or Linkind’s Terms of Service, Linkind may take actions, including reporting to relevant government authorities.
4. Use of Your Information
Linkind uses Your Information to provide our services and products. Below are examples of how Linkind uses Your Information:
(1) Creating your account: When you create an account, Your Information will be used to create your account and account profile.
(2) Verifying your identity: Your Information will be used to verify your identity.
(3) Accessing and using the Services: Your Information will be used to activate your access to the Services, and maintain the operations of the Services.
(4) Locating and diagnosing the Products: Your Information will be used to locating the Products and, diagnose the Products if they are not functioning properly.
(5) Adding metadata to Your Information: Your Information will be used to create tags and metadata (e.g., geographic locations and time stamps) that will be added to Your Information (such as still images, videos, and audio signals).
(6) Improving user experience: Your Information will be used to improve the user experience of the Services and Products, such as by profiling of user preferences, regions and age groups to customize and push preset scenarios for you, but the profiling does not point to specific individuals.
(7) Internal purposes: Linkind may also use Your Information for internal purposes, such as use Your Information in an aggregated, non-identified form for understanding our user base, researching to improve Linkind’s products, services and customer relations, and helping Linkind make business decisions.
(8) Sending notifications: Linkind may use Your Information to send your important notices, promotional information, and marketing materials.
5. Disclosure to Third Parties
(1) Required by the normal operation of the Services. The Services rely on or interoperate with third party products and services. These third party products and services may have to access Your Information. By using or otherwise accessing the Services, you consent to disclose Your Information to the third parties that provides functions or facilities required by the normal operation of the Services.
(2) When required by local laws and regulations, or ordered by courts or government agencies, Linkind will transfer or disclose Your Information to comply with such laws, regulations, and orders.
(3) Upon the sale or transfer of the company and/or all or part of its assets, Your Information may be among the items sold or transferred. Linkind will request a purchaser to treat the information under the privacy statement in place at the time of its collection.
(4) At your request or with your consent, Linkind may disclose Your Information.
Linkind prohibits any third party from collecting, editing, selling, disseminating Your Information in any manner. If a user of the Services engages such activities, Linkind will suspend or terminate that user’s account and rights.
6. Access, update, correct, erase or restrict processing your personal information
(1) You can assess personal information that Linkind hold about you. When you request to access your personal information, you will be asked to verify your identity before Linkind proceed with your request. Once Linkind obtain sufficient information to accommodate your request, Linkind shall proceed to respond to your request within any timeframe set out under your applicable data protection laws.
(2) A copy of your personal data collected and processed by us will be provided to you upon your request free of charge. For any extra requests of the same information, Linkind may charge a reasonable fee based on actual administrative costs according to the applicable laws.
(3) If you would like to request access to your personal data held by us or if you believe any information Linkind are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the email address below. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
(4) For details relating to the personal information in your account, you may also access and change them at account setting by logging into your account on your mobile device or our website.
(5) If you are Europe Union user under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may request to delete your personal information (“right to erasure” or “right to be forgotten”). Linkind will process your request in a manner consistent with GDPR.
(6) If you are Europe Union user under GDPR, you may request us not to process your personal information (“right to restriction of processing”). Linkind will process your request in a manner consistent with GDPR.
(7) If you are Europe Union user under GDPR, you may request not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you. Linkind will process your request in a manner consistent with GDPR.
(8) If you are Europe Union user under GDPR, you have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used format and transmit the information to another data controller. Linkind will process your request in a manner consistent with GDPR.
7. Withdrawal of consent
(9) Please note that your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences. Further, depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your personal information, it may mean that you will not be able to enjoy Linkind’s products and services in the same way before withdrawing your consent.
8. Deletion of Information
Linkind generally stores Your Information on Linkind’s servers for as long as needed by the normal operations of the Services. You can delete following user information in the process of using Linkind products and services through the controls in your account.
(1) information about you and your account;
(2) information about your own device;
(3) Information about the Products;
(4) Information about the configurations, settings, and data you create;
(5) Information about your account activities;
(6) Information you submit;
(7) Environmental data from the sensors of the Products;
(8) Video and audio signals and data.
After Your Information is deleted, backup copies may continue to exist for some time before they are deleted. Linkind may retain certain data for a longer period of time if Linkind is required to do so for legal reasons.
9. Security measures
Linkind takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Linkind endeavor to protect your user information by taking all reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative security measures in view of our resources and capabilities. For example, Linkind will use encryption technology to improve the security of user information. Linkind will use trusted protection mechanisms to prevent user information from being maliciously attacked. Linkind will deploy access control mechanisms to make every effort to prevent unauthorized access. And Linkind will host safety and privacy protection training courses to enhance employee awareness of the importance of protecting user information.
Linkind will take reasonable practicable steps to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure, and for this reason Linkind cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet. Linkind will take upon the personal data breach, notifying the breach to relevant supervisory authority or under some circumstances, and notifying the personal data breach to the data subjects by complying with applicable laws, including your local data protection legislation.
11. How Linkind deal with children's personal information
Linkind understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using Linkind products and services. Children under the age of 16, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, are not permitted to create their own accounts.
Linkind Sites is not directed to or intended to be used by children under the age of 16. If Linkind learn that Linkind have collected the personal information of a child under 16, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, outside the above circumstances Linkind will take reasonable steps to delete the information.
Linkind is a global company headquartered in China and Linkind use overseas facilities operated and controlled by Linkind, which is builds on the AWS, to process or back up your personal information.
When processing your information for the purposes described in this privacy statement, your personal data may be transferred between your device and our overseas facilities and systems. Linkind have make efforts to implementing appropriate safeguards for protecting your information in transmit, including taking technical measures such as encryption technology and obtaining information security certification. If you are concerned or unable to accept related risk, you can refuse but you will not be able to enjoy Linkind's products and services.
13. Change of the Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may change from time to time. Linkind will provide notice of any changes by publishing such notice in the Mobile Apps or by contacting you.
14. Contact us
LINKIND TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED
FLAT/RM 19C LOCKHART CENTRE 301-307 LOCKHART ROAD WAN CHAI HONGKONG CHINA
Email Address: email@example.com